Monday 11 August 2014

Some public health doubletalk...

****

Bradford Council (to the best of my knowledge) has no policy of supporting or not supporting a minimum unit price for alcohol. I checked and this is the response to my questioning about this article:

I have looked again at the original press response and I am clear that our response did not suggest that supporting MUP is council policy, only that Public Health Bradford would support the introduction of MUP.

It seems to have passed Public Health Bradford by but, for the past year they have been part of Bradford Council. And the thing about Councils is that policy is made by councillors not by officers. The Director knows this hence the wonderful piece of double talk above.

To save you following the link, this is what the officer told the press:

"Public Health Bradford would support the introduction of alcohol minimum unit pricing to help address alcohol misuse and its associated health problems."

...


No comments: