Friday 25 January 2013

In which David Ward MP gets a little anti-semitic.

****

I've no time at all for David Ward MP - I recall when he accused the then Director of Regeneration in Bradford of racism in a letter he bunged through doors in Barkerend. And when he accused me of lying in a speech to Council - when I wasn't present to respond.

However, today - when we remember the evil of Hitler's genocide - David Ward launches what seems to be a crass, anti-semitic attack:

"Having visited Auschwitz twice - once with my family and once with local schools - I am saddened that the Jews, who suffered unbelievable levels of persecution during the Holocaust, could within a few years of liberation from the death camps be inflicting atrocities on Palestinians in the new State of Israel and continue to do so on a daily basis in the West Bank and Gaza."


The Jews, David? All the Jews?

And it seems, when asked to explain, David digs his hole deeper:

“It appears that the suffering by the Jews has not transformed their views on how others should be treated”.


Oh dear. The Jews, David? All the Jews?

....

No comments: