Tuesday 27 April 2010

Will some one get rid of that elephant...




 OK, I’ve had it. I’ve had it up to here. Can we finally get rid of that elephant? You know the one. That one, over there, in the corner. The one that’s referred to at every meeting, in endless second-rate bits of punditry and now by otherwise normal blokes cuddling a beer in the local.

That elephant has to go. I don’t care that you want to talk about not talking about it. I want it out of my room, your room, the meeting room on the fourth floor and any other room in which it might be lurking.

Why, you ask? Because I don’t want to talk about it. That elephant is an excuse, a cop out, a reason not to take part, That elephant is an obstacle to proper discourse. That elephant is the metaphorical equivalent of the ignorant bloke in the van who parks across your drive. That elephant has done its job, move it on, clear it out. I’m not talking about talking about the elephant in the room.

But the giraffe on the patio….hmmmmm?
....

No comments: