Monday 11 January 2010

Life's not fair...

***

Can I just explain something to Will Hutton, Nick Clegg, Ed Miliband and all the other hand-wringing pundits and politicians?

Life's not fair.

Sorry to disappoint you all but some folk are brainier, taller, faster, sexier and have better hair. It just happens that way. It’s a bugger. But there you go.

Life’s not fair.

And you know it’s always been the case that some folk have richer or better connected daddies. Some people have better health. Some people are unfortunate to get permanently disabling injuries in accidents. Some people just seem to be bloody lucky. I hate it, it stinks. But you know Nick, Will and Ed?

Life’s not fair.

Now shut up and leave me alone to get on with my life. Thanks.

...

1 comment:

manwiddicombe said...

Whenever my uncle heard anyone say "Life's not fair" he would grab them (he was a sizeable chap before the leukaemia got him), look them in the eye and say "No it's not. So what?"